Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Footprints

      Think about your Great Great Grandmother or Grandfather. What do you know about them? Count how many facts you can list off the top of your head. Well, if you're like me, I can't list anything. Now think about your Great Great Grandsons and Granddaughters. Do you want them to know as much about you as you know about your great great grandparents?  I don't. 
      Is it selfish to want to be remembered? To want to be in the history books? Part of me wants to change the world so my memory will always live on after my death. Sometimes, I want to tell the world what I do with my free time. After all, I am proud of myself for all of my accomplishments. I promised myself I wouldn't tell anyone though.
      Why? Because another part of me wishes to remain anonymous - invisible- if you will. I don't want people to think that I'm some angel that I'm not. I don't want to to project a false image of myself to the world because, in reality, I'm just an ordinary girl.  Also, it seems to me that people in this world are only out for themselves. Sometimes I question whether I'm doing this for the world, or for me. I really don't want to be like other people who brag about what they do to make people think they are great.  By not telling anyone, I insure that I'm doing this for the world.
      So, for now, I will be content with anonymously saving the world, under millions of false names.  I have to admit, Eva Marie is one of those false names. Sorry, but if I am content with it, so can you be.
 
     I think Beyonce hit the nail on her head with her song "I was here" Because I too, want to leave my footprints in the sands of time. I'm just going about it a little differently than she does. Click Here to listen to her song.

No comments:

Post a Comment