Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Goals


https://twitter.com/You_Will_Fly/status/459863691274768384

Thanks, Beautiful. I really needed that.

“Hi I really like your blog but you haven't posted anything in a while. Are you still bloging or have you switched to a different site???” - Anonymous

Thanks, Anonymous, I really needed that too.

I don’t know how to change the world. In fact, I kind of stink at it, don’t I? I haven’t blogged in forever.  And I’m really sorry. But I’m not going to let my past define my future. Simply because I failed in the past does not mean I have to fail again in the now or the now to come. I am big enough to learn from mistakes and hardships and become a better person and world-changer because of them.  Life knocks everyone down sometimes, and I am no different. But when this happens, unlike some, I will not assume that the world is telling me that this is not meant to be.  This is not what I should do with my life. Instead, I know that the world is testing me. She is asking how much it really means to me, to be a world changer.  And I’ll scream my answer at the top of my lungs. I’ll scream it for the whole world to hear: I can do this. This means the world to me. This is what I want to do with the rest for my life. Bring it on.

I’ve struggled a lot this past year with some anxiety and depression.  The transition between high school and college has been a bit rough for me and I am just figuring out how to deal with all of this away from home. As the semester closes, I have a few goals I’d like to share with you that I intend to complete before the close of 2014. So here they are:

1.       Blog every week.  I want to write more letters to people who are struggling, I want to write more creative pieces, and I want to write more about my own experiences about changing the world.  The fact that I will resume blogging every week will push me to look for and participate new experiences to write about.

2.       Keep up with my email. I really love conversing with people and helping them to understand their life goals as well as life in general. For the rest of the year, I really want to focus on continuing to build relationships with the people who email me. Also, I want to encourage anyone who wishes to contact me about their world-changing goals, or just wants to talk to do so.

3.       Do well on both of my Middle Earth finals. This semester, I have participated in a training program at my university called Middle Earth. In this program I have been trained to work on the university hotline with basic listening and problem solving skills. I have a written final and a roleplay final next Tuesday which I hope to do well on. Passing this final will secure my place in Middle Earth as a hotline volunteer next semester.

4.       Save another life.

5.       Inspire another person to start changing the world in their own way. If you change the world, whether inspired by me or not, I’d love to hear your story, and I’m sure my other readers would as well. Shoot me an email and I’d love to share it on this blog. If you are interested in being a guest blogger to share your own story and raise awareness of your blog, as long as it goes along with the theme of my blog, I’d love to have you.

6.       Do an honors college presentation about my efforts to change the world. I am in the Honors College at my university and to keep living in preferred housing, we have to attend a certain number of presentations each semester. Usually, professors come to talk about their research, but I got the okay from the head of the college to present for forty minutes about what it means to make a difference in the world. I hope to do this next semester.

7.       Make someone’s day, every day.

8.       Get the job as the pool activity head at the camp I work at. I’ve told you all about my camp before. But regardless of whether I am the pool activity head or a regular counselor, my goal is to put my all into camp again this year and generate some smiles from my amazing campers.

9.       Volunteer more. Over winter break I had the amazing opportunity to work in a soup kitchen. I really enjoyed helping out and next semester, when I’m back at college, I really in interested in continuing volunteer work, either at the kitchen or anther place.

10.   Stay healthy, myself. I know that I cannot keep the world happy if I am not happy, myself.

So there you go: My plan for the rest of 2014. I can’t wait to see what the rest of the year has to offer and I will be sure to keep you updated along the way. Also, thanks so much for the support and for pulling me up to continue my blog and efforts. For that, I can never repay you.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of tasks. It will be amazing... if you actually DO them.
    Be careful about that, plans too often remain just plans. Wish you strength!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And I'm not going to lie, I'm really scared. But I'm going to try my best. Thanks :)

      Delete